The following letter outlines the business case for attending the 2017 Home Care and Hospice Conference and Expo, the Annual Meeting of the National Association for Home Care & Hospice. It’s designed to assist you with requesting funding from an employer or other sponsor to help you attend. Simply copy and paste the text into a document, tailor the information to your needs, and send it to the appropriate party.
Dear (insert name),
The 2017 Home Care and Hospice Conference and Expo, the Annual Meeting of the National Association for Home Care & Hospice, is the nation’s largest gathering of home care, hospice, and private duty professionals. In addition to a wide variety of educational sessions, the conference hosts the largest marketplace for buyers and sellers in our industry with nearly 200 vendors planning to attend.
The theme of this year’s program is Q3: Quality of Care, Quality at Work, and Quality at Home. All educational sessions and keynote speakers will address these topics, and there will also be ample networking opportunities.
There will be 50 educational sessions to choose from, covering:
- Innovations in palliative care and hospice, including technology, quality assurance and business development
- Trends in care continuum management and the development of relationships to facilitate care
- Growth and development of staff, beginning with talent acquisition
- Home care regulatory changes, including quality, finance, and compliance topics
- Business and workforce development, leadership, and financial management for private duty and private pay organizations
The meeting takes place October 15-17, 2017, at the Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach, California. The conference offers up to 13.5 CEs through education and general sessions. As part of the registration, meals (breakfast and lunch) are included, and there will also be food at the evening receptions on October 15th and 16th.
As part of my attendance, I commit to returning value to [insert name of your organization] as a result of its investment in my development in the following way(s). [Choose one or more as appropriate.]
- I will prepare a formal presentation to share what I’ve learned with colleagues in my department/other areas of the organization when I return from the conference.
- I will use social media while at the conference to share what I’ve learned with others.
- I will attend [insert specific session title] to see what I can learn to apply to [insert specific issue/challenge facing your organization].
- I will attend sessions on [insert topic area], which is a subject that has been identified in my professional development plan as an area for me to work on.
- I will network with other attendees at the2017 Home Care and Hospice Conference and Expo and share information about our company and/or its products/services.
From the options offered, I have selected a registration rate of [insert rate selected $950 for NAHC members; $1,400 for non-members] for the2017 Home Care and Hospice Conference and Expo. The conference is being held at the Long Beach Convention Center and there are many hotels within walking distance with conference rates starting at $189/night (before taxes). I would like to request a budget of [insert requested budget].
I believe my attendance at the conference will provide an immediate ROI when I’m able to put into practice what I’ve learned from the best in my profession. Thank you for your consideration.